We're excited to announce our Service Project Showdown competition between our Utah Rotaract and Interact Clubs! Clubs will submit a 3 minute video of their club "Making a Difference" (Rotary International's theme for the year), by March 1, 2018. Videos will be judged by a panel of Rotarians who will be looking for clubs that highlight Rotary-strong projects/events. See below for what components make up a Rotary-strong project.
Here's what clubs must do to participate:
- SHARE a 3 minute video of your club putting on your proposed service project by March 1, 2018. Here's where you'll share it.
- HANG TIGHT as Rotarians look over your videos.
- CELEBRATE at our 2018 Annual Rotary Youth Conference in Springdale as we announce the winning clubs, and award them with prize money. If your club members can't make it, we'll notify you if you're one of the winning club.
What is a Rotary-strong Project? As Rotarians, we're proud of our the work we do. With our efforts, we consider 3 components to ensure we have the biggest and best impact possible:
We seek for quality of our service projects & events.
- Does our project address one of Rotary's 6 avenues of service?
- What is the impact of our project/event, and on who?
- How well has our club considered the sustainability of our efforts?
- How creative or memorable is our club's project? How much does the project stand out compared to others?
We seek to strengthen friendships and our team.
- How well does our project engage each of our club members?
- How well has our club considered collaborating with other clubs & Rotarians-- creating an even bigger team?
- How well has our club celebrated our successes and members?
We seek to expand our movement.
Good luck, everyone! For questions or concerns, please contact Miriam Barth at email@example.com.
- How well have we publicized our efforts? Do people know about our project/event?
- How well has our club invited the larger community to join our efforts?
- How well have we educated others (including club members!) on what we are doing and why it is important?